Name: Dave Martone
Playing (years): Way to many!
All of them
Dave Martone-Guitars and Gear
Parker Fly Deluxe
Parker Fly Classic
Parker Midi Fly
Fender Stratocaster Japan
Washburn RB 2000 4 string Bass
Ibanez RG 540
Handbuilt Classical from my father
Wechter Pathmaker Nylon
John Larrivee Steel String
Vanous Technologies Head
Johnson Millennium 2×12 combo amp
Mesa/Boogie 4×12 slant w/EV’s and Celestions
Vox Valvetronix 60 and 120
Yamaha GW 50
Sans amp PS1
Digitech Genesis 3
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss Super Overdrive
Microphone Pre amp
Presonus Digimax 96K
Mackie 1402 VLZ XRD
Neuman TLM 103
Rodes NT5 matched set
Creamware Pulsar SFP
Cakewalk Sonar 2.2XL
Sound Forge 6.0
…plus a few secrets!
Past accomplishments: Recording Engineering degree from Fanshawe College and BA of Music with a minor in Music Education from Berklee College of Music obtained on scholarship. Performances in Florida, Seattle, Nashville, Boston, Toronto, Los Angeles New York and Vancouver. Clinics and teaching done for Berklee College of Music and the National Guitar Workshop, Parker Guitars and Digitech/Johnson amplification, Roland amplification Vox amplification. Instructional columns written for Guitar9 Records, Guitarapalooza Records, Guitar Chef (Italy) Guitar2001, Guitar a Bas (Poland) and Divan Music. Transcribing for Alfred Publishing. Performances and clinics with Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Morse (Deep Purple), Paul Gilbert (Mr. Big), Jon Finn Group, Chester Thompson (Frank Zappa), Greg Bissonet (Joe Satriani) Marty Friedman (Megadeath) and Mike Portney (Dream Theater)
– Performing with Candy Lo www.candylo.com
– Signed world deal with Lion Music for latest release “A Demons Dream” 2002 http://www.lionmusic.com
– Berklee College Of Music had me as a visiting artist doing concerts and clinics along with other visiting artist Mike Stern 2002
– Performing with Yngwie Malmsteen at the National Guitar Workshop Florida 2002. www.guitarworkshop.com 2002
– Liquid Note Records Release “The Alchemists” 2002
– Jeff Beck tribute album set for release in Fall 2002 http://www.progressiveartsmusic.com
– Jason Becker tribute album. Winter 2001. Lion Music Finland http://www.lionmusic.com.
– “Synesthesia” album released from Divan Music. http://www.divanmusic.com
– “Crushing Days” (Joe Satriani tribute album) http://www.progressiveartsmusic.com
– “Martone” album “Zone” released from Guitar9 Records. http://www.guitar9.com
– “Martone” album “Shut up and Listen” released Guitar9 Records.
– Released on Guitarapalooza VOL.I & II http://www.guitarapalooza.com
– Released on Destiny Software Productions “MP3 Jukebox” November 1999.
– Released on “Guitar on the Edge Vol. 3” from Legato Records
– Released on “MIA” from A&M Canada.
Radio Play on:
WCSB 89.3FM Cleveland fusion Fridays with Randy Aller
Kristall Radio Milano 96.4FM “Not only Metal” hosted by Sabotti Luigi.
“Guitar Jazz” program at 103FM Victoria Sundays hosted by Joe Scarphone.
WRUW-FM Cleveland directed by Wade Tolleson.
Kolor 90.4FM Poland for the “Guitar Underground Division.”
CITR 101.9FM on the show “Power Cord”
KPSU 1450 AM Portland on “The Guitar Shop” hosted by the Philly Kid.
Current and upcoming projects:
Next Martone album
Shawn Lane and Jimi Hendrix tribute album from Lion Music
Favorite guitarist: All of them!!!!!!
Most underrated players: Tom Morelo (Audio Slave)
Best musician you’ve ever seen: The guy that plays the tamborine type thing in Remember Shatki
Four words that best describe what you want to get across in your playing: One, Two, Three, Four
Your hero: My Dad!
Ultimate goal: Get my fricken PC to keep up with the tunes I record